November 16, 2018, WMS Medigram
The American Medical Association (AMA) House of Delegates (HOD) voted to adopt several new policies on emerging health care topics during its Interim Meeting this week, including policies aimed at making e-cigarettes less appealing to youth as well as policy aimed at addressing intimate partner violence in the LGBTQ population.
Other policies adopted by the AMA HOD include:
- Protecting and Improving Access to Zero-dollar Preventive Care
- Continued 9-1-1 Modernization and Implementation of Text-to-9-1-1 Service
- Sexual Assault Education and Prevention in Public Schools
- Affirming the Medical Spectrum of Gender
- Opposing the Detention of Migrant Children
- Increased Access to Identification Cards for the Homeless Population
- Increasing Patient Access to Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Examinations and Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV in Emergency Departments
Click here to read more about these policies.